Liquid Diet for Bariatric Surgery
Frozen Banana Chocolate Shake
Bananas Aren’t Just for Monkeys!
This yummy shake is good for your liquid diet for bariatric surgery, it includes super healthy bananas. There are many health benefits to eating bananas.
- Bananas help with depression
- Help sustain blood sugar
- Protect against Type II Diabetes
- High in Potassium and low in salt
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, helping grow good bacteria in the bowels
- Produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients
I could go on and on about the health benefits of bananas, but you aren’t here for a lecture on bananas:)
Recipe for Frozen Banana Chocolate Shake
To make the Shake you will need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 medium banana (frozen)
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I used Six Star Nutrition Whey Isolate)
Mix with blender until ready and enjoy!